Sunday 25 June 2017

39) Old Police Station and Roadworks


Along with remodeling Port Talbot Parkway railway station, the whole area around it is being transformed into a transport hub which will include spaces for buses. I can see the sense in this. However, at the moment the massive roadworks on probably the busiest road route from one part of the town to another is causing massive disruption. So it seemed to me that I ought to be sketching at least one aspect of the roadworks. This sketch shows the old police station, which has been unoccupied for some time now. It’s a rather uninspiring blaock which I imagine was probably built during the dull as ditchwater 1970s, and I believe that demolition is due to start soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Sketches

  Level Crossing Station Road This is one of my favourite Port Talbot subjects for a sketch - the level crossing in Station Road. The crossi...